Sunday, December 4, 2011

Harvest, Part 2

I had no idea what to title this piece and was pretty close to settling with "Untitled", but thankfully I was able to come up with something fitting.

I originally sketched out this bee as a tiny element in my "Harvest" illustration, only to take it out because it just wasn't needed. I saved the sketch and started working on it as a standalone design, but had to put it aside for awhile because I started getting some client work and was busy. Other than that, I think this design took me so long to finish because I was intimidated with drawing the hair on the bee's body. I remember starting on the hair at the very end of the bee and having to set the drawing aside because I couldn't sit down long enough to get it done. I guess I just wanted to see end results quickly. It took me a long time to complete this piece and I think I spent more time staring at the screen than drawing, but I'm happy with how this one turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment