Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Zach Johnsen study

My classes started this week, so you'll be seeing a lot more school projects and a little less design work *sad face* I do however have one or two completed designs, but I'm gonna keep them hidden for a little while ;)

The only hands-on art class I have this semester is Illustration Materials and Techniques. A lot of instruction on traditional mediums such as pen and ink, acrylic paint, and oil paint. For a homework assignment, we had to pick an ink drawing from one of our favorite artists and re-create it using the same mediums the artist used, in this case ink and ink pens. I chose to re-create a piece by Zach Johnsen.

I didn't bother scanning it, so perspective of the photo throws out the proportions, but other than that the drawing is pretty dead on proportion-wise. It came out better than I expected, but I need a lot of improvement when it comes to crosshatching and taking my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment