Friday, October 5, 2012

October/Halloween Drawing Challenge - Day 4

Day 4: Zombie!




Zombie dog, that is! I started out drawing the average human zombie and just wasn't feeling it. The whole thing felt too generic and boring; something that had been done several times before. So to make it interesting for myself, I drew a zombified dog! I have mixed feelings with the final piece. I like that I was able to stick with the topic and find a way to make myself interested in drawing a zombie, but I'm not liking the combination of detail and distress in the piece. Too grungy and hard to read. The distressing technique works well for backgrounds and subjects that are not too detailed, though.

The piece with just the background and without the zombie dog looks great! Would make a great background, so here's a nice image to throw up on your desktop if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment