Monday, May 17, 2010

Summer Reading

I did the initial sketch for my illustration class, but scrapped it because it didn't meet the criteria of the given assignment. The original sketch had a bunch of summer related imagery (like beaches, ocean waves, sail boats, animals, and flower fields) coming out of the book. When I redid the whole thing, I took most of the summer related imagery out and added fantasy elements to make it look like the reader was reading a fantasy book. I kept some elements that were in my original drawing, like the field of flowers and sail boats, because they still looked cool.



On a slightly related note, I am finally done with school this semester! SUMMER IS HERE!!! Time to do some........ summer reading!

nah.

5 comments:

  1. This would make a great print! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awesome... and you know that Laurel would've accepted it anyways. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, she probably would have accepted it! In the end, I just didn't want to put too much time into something that wouldn't work for the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw your work on tee fury and came to have a look. My son would love your stuff....he's asleep, so I'll have to show him later. This would be an awesome print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Find the latest used and new boats for sale.
    Great used boat deals and prices.
    More here postallads4free.com

    ReplyDelete