Saturday, December 5, 2009

Acrylics (The Letter T)

This is another project for my Illustration Materials and Techniques class. The assignment was to paint a two-page illustration focusing on a letter and objects that start with the letter. I chose the letter "T", and one of the first things to come to my mind was the Tusken Raider from Star Wars. One requirement for the assignment was to use a collage element, so I collaged the birds on the right, a bear trap, and the tulips. After I finished painting, I went back in and added a glossy sheen with gloss medium to the highlights and some shapes. The gloss on the light pouring from the tree looks awesome when you look at it right. I also painted "invisible" glossy twigs scatter throughout the painting. I also got a little carried away and painted some tattoos on the tits... that's what the birds are... they are tits...

It's too bad I can't really show a good photo of the gloss medium in action... photos don't do it justice.

2 comments: